Colts Neck, NJ
Salary: $10.00 to $14.00 /hour
About CSAV Systems
Founded in 2001, CSAV Systems has grown to be a leader in the professional Sound, Video & Teleconferencing industry. CSAV has serviced thousands of clients throughout the tristate area. We are innovators who design and provide commercial institutions with dynamic, user-friendly and cost-effective systems. We offer high quality professional Sound, Video & Teleconferencing systems for major clients in the following markets: healthcare, hospitality, Houses of Worship (Churches, Temples, etc.), corporate, retail, government, and more.
We are seeking a full-time Purchasing Assistant who will contribute to the continued success of CSAV and assist in maintaining the highest level of satisfaction with our clients. He/she must always be watchful of ways to save CSAV money on purchases, labor and use of equipment and other items needed to operate business. This is a critical support position and the Purchasing Assistant will interface with other departments within CSAV to ensure that we deliver the best we can to the people we serve. Integrity & commitment are of great importance and all at CSAV are required to maintain the highest standards in the performance of our work both in our office and in the field as we serve our clients as well as each other.
- Work with Purchasing Manager to acquire any items required to operate the business including: Equipment, Office Supplies, Services, etc.
- Facilitate the purchase of all equipment and peripherals required to fill Project orders and inventory needs of CSAV.
- Review General Office needs for Building Maintenance.
- Review equipment ordering by Manufacturer
- Develop new relationships with Manufacturers, Distributors and other sources.
- Maintain Distributors: IEI, ADI, CSC Cable, MCM, Ingram Micro, Best Buy, Dale, Stampede etc.
- On-Line Purchasing: Search On-Line (Amazon, Google, etc.) to confirm best pricing
- Open Projects List: Review on a regular basis and note any equipment that requires special attention
- Review Calendar for Project Schedule: Provide input on ETA of ordered components
- Work-in-Progress shelves: Start project shelf section on every new Sales Order
- Maintain Inventory: New, Projects, Tech Supplies, Loaner (Stock and For Sale), etc.
- Product Research (R&D support): Pricing & Availability
- Ordering: Open Accounts, Credit Cards, COD
- Coordinate with management to maximize efficiency of CSAV operations.
Required Skills and Background:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly detail orientated with strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Possess excellent computer and internet skills
- Team player and able to work well coordinating with other departments
- Knowledge in any of the below mentioned areas or products is preferred but not required:
- Soundcraft, DBX, JBL, Polycom, Crestron, Aurora, etc.
- Sound Reinforcement Systems, Live Performance Systems, Teleconferencing Systems, and Video Presentation Systems
- Control software and programming
- Previous experience in purchasing or inventory is a plus but we are willing to train the right candidate
Must be punctual, able to meet deadlines, detail oriented and possess superb organizational skills. Additionally, the ideal candidate should express good communication/people skills and above all have a positive attitude!
Hourly salary based upon experience with health benefits, PTO, Paid Vacation, and a 401K Plan
Go to all jobs