Induction Loop Systems - Assistive Hearing Technologies
Are your presentations heard clearly by everyone in the audience?
Do you have individuals who require hearing assistance systems?
What is an Induction Loop System?
Loop systems are the more popular form of assistive hearing system. This technology does not require individuals to wear specific equipment or ask to borrow communal devices. The hearing loop assists individuals who use hearing aids that are equipped with t-coils, to hear sounds from a PA system transmitted directly to their hearing aid. How do loop systems do this? It can reduce or eliminate the background noise, which allow those with hearing difficulties to hear what they are supposed to be hearing crystal clear.
How does the Induction Loop System work?
First, the spoken word is picked up by a microphone and the sound from the microphone is then sent through an amplifier. This amplifier then sends the sound through the induction loop and wire. The induction loop and wire are placed around the perimeter of a room. The induction loop and wire act like an antenna, which sends the magnetic signal directly to the individual’s hearing aid.
Advantages of a Loop System?
- Virtually Unlimited Amount of Users
- More Personalized System
- Less Maintenance
- Clarity and Understanding
- Virtually Unlimited Amount of Users: There is no limit as to the number of users who can use the system at one time, which makes it optimal for places like a conference room
- Discrete: Users do not have to advertise their disability by asking to borrow headphones to hear
- More Personalized System: Listeners have the ability to use their own compatible hearing aids
- Less Maintenance: Businesses or venues do not have to purchase, maintain, sanitize or repair individual items like headphones or receivers, like those used with infrared or FM systems. After the installation, multiple people can use your assistive hearing/loop system simultaneously at your facility.
- Clarity & Understanding: Improvement in clarity and understanding is mutually beneficial to the business and the individuals; make sure that everyone is able to hear what you have to say